iPhone 3G with vodafone pay as you go sim

Reaction score
Hey
Im buying an iphone 3g from a friend at work he is taking out a contract with vodafone hes using the sim card in an another phone and selling me the iphone. i know it will be locked to vodafone but am i able to put in a sim only or payg sim as long as its on vodafone? the thing is vodafone are only doing contract at the moment not PAYG. The question is: They dont lock the phone to ONLY work on contracts do they?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Hey
Im buying an iphone 3g from a friend at work he is taking out a contract with vodafone hes using the sim card in an another phone and selling me the iphone. i know it will be locked to vodafone but am i able to put in a sim only or payg sim as long as its on vodafone? the thing is vodafone are only doing contract at the moment not PAYG. The question is: They dont lock the phone to ONLY work on contracts do they?

I know here in the U.S. At&t pre-paid sim doesn't work. You would have to check with Vodafone, But If I'm not mistaken Vodafone will unlock the iPhone for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.