Time machine problem.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this.
I got a 750 gig externtal hooked up to my airport. I'm getting this error that says can't connect to time machine. The drive is working I have all my photos on there and can access them with no problm. Its the back up file that seems to be the problem. This happened to me 2 time so far. I've only had this thing for about a month now. When it happened first time I had restored my computer to its orginal state assuming that I mucked the whole thing up. and I wanted a have a good backup incase I ever needed it. So Here I am again with same problem. I'm thinking that a backup was interupted. But I don't know how to repair this problem without formatting my disk which is something I don't want to do. Any help would be appreciated

OP
J
Reaction score
Ok I found out that its not in the back up itself. I hooked the hard drive up to my laptop usb and backed up no problem it has something to do with the connecting to it though th airlport. But I can still access the hard drive Just not time machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Could be a better choice would be a bootable back up using SuperDuper
Use firewire 800 if u can it is miles quicker.

Here are stats for one i attempted;
Copying 52,000 files and 58 GB USB 2.0 = 33 hour
Using Firewire 800 for same - 44 minutes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Make sure in Time Machine preferences that the path to the drive shows up and try and run it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well I've done nothing to it and now its working again. Guess I"m gonna need to find another backup prog that works all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.