• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Play Station 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
No way baby, it's all about the XBOX. I do like the silver version of of the PS3 though. I'll never own a playstation product until they make dual analog triggers standard on the controllers.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i always have said.....sony's the best!
seriously....better games and graphics....and its also NOT a microsoft product
...did i mention NOT BY A PC COMPANY?

S

Steel02001

I have an Xbox now and am very happy with it, but this time I think I will go with Sony, it just seems to have more video game company support.

A

Aarow

Sony= Sony Vaio? (sounds kinda like a PC Company)

Yeah, I have a PS2, but I'm not going to spend money on a PS3. Especially when I'm saving up for an ibook:). I hope thats not the final design of the PS3 though, I thought it would look a seccccckkkkssiierrrrr:p.(If a console can be sexy, of course)

S

speedydave

macAttack said:

Sony makes PCs. If you want a game system by a company that has nothing to do with Windows (as far as I know), you'll have to buy a Game Cube. Ick. :dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
macAttack said:

Not only does Sony make PCs, but Microsoft doesn't.

-Chris

I

i2oadi2unnei2

Its been too long since I've played on a console game (last game I played was 2nd Tomb Raider). My SO bought me a PS2 a few months after it first came out with two games and I played only a few minutes of it. To this day, we only use the PS2 as a DVD player to play our movies LOL.

I will probably end up buying one the new PS3 when it comes out even if it will be another DVD player because I've been a Sony loyal fan, and their products last almost as long as one of those GE appliance I didn't know we had in our Data Center at work that's almost 20 years old <grin>.

S

Steel02001

Did anyone notice that it will use bluetooth for the game controllers. I am curious if we will be able to do anything with these in other aspects.

Also this will use a Blu-Ray disc reader, the next step in technology which is pretty neat unless HD DVD takes off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
maybe i didn't make sense.....i meant that sony was not company that Bill Gates was head of lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
stupid playstation fanboys

they need a REAL computer i tell ya!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
hmm tbh i think ill get this as the next Nintendo offering might be good but will miss out on a whole heap of games like the GC did :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
the only good game for xbox is halo1/2 the only good game for ps2 is... .... ....

E

EvoMac

Graphite said:
the only good game for xbox is halo1/2 the only good game for ps2 is... .... ....

I wanted to get a ps2 just to get GT4, I had one of the faulty PS2's but had it long enough to play through GT3 and loved it.

For XBOX Halo is a good game, GTA was entertaining, sports game are pretty fun with a group.

BTW I think I'll be purchasing Halo 2 tonight.

Z

zap2

i may not geta new sytem until the price falls, i have better ways to spend my money ( for now) such as laptop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
EvoMac said:
BTW I think I'll be purchasing Halo 2 tonight.

you know that means.. your going to have to set up an account online... or else!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.