PDA

View Full Version : iMac OS X Disk

peteaj
01-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm new to my iMac and intent to partition my hard drive and add window 7 Ultimate, which i have already purchased. I'm a bit nervous about doing it, but am prepared to give it a go.
My question is that once Windows 7 is installed i understand that i have to run my iMac operating software disk in Windows to install the drivers for my iMac bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
Now the daft question.......is the Mac OS X Install DVD that came with my iMac the correct disk and does it have Snow Leopard on it to enable me to install the drivers?
Sorry if its a bit of a bone question but we all have to start somewhere.
Thanks in advance.

harryb2448
01-21-2010, 05:04 PM
What type of iMac do you have, and what operating system is on the iMac discs? Can't help without that information alas.

SammySlim
01-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Unless you have an iMac that has Snow Leopard on it, your OSX disks are probably Leopard disks and they will have an earlier version of the drivers. they will still work though. You may be able to download the drivers or purchase Snow Leopard separately.

pigoo3
01-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Now the daft question.......is the Mac OS X Install DVD that came with my iMac the correct disk and does it have Snow Leopard on it to enable me to install the drivers?
Sorry if its a bit of a bone question but we all have to start somewhere.
Thanks in advance.

If your iMac is older than say 5-6 months...then the disk you got with your iMac most likely does not have Snow Leopard on it.

On the flip-side, if your iMac is newer than 5-6 months...then there is a very good chance it is Snow Leopard.

HTH,

- Nick

chscag
01-22-2010, 02:59 PM
You should be OK. Apple has just released updates to Boot Camp that support Windows 7. Once you get Windows 7 Ultimate installed, just download the latest Boot Camp update from Apple. (Boot Camp 3.1)

See info on Boot Camp updates at this LINK (http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/).

Regards.

peteaj
01-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. My iMac is about 3 weeks old, so I believe i should have Snow Leopard. Once again thanks.

harryb2448
01-22-2010, 06:35 PM
All is well and Snow Leopard does contain the drivers.