iMac OS X Disk

Reaction score
I'm new to my iMac and intent to partition my hard drive and add window 7 Ultimate, which i have already purchased. I'm a bit nervous about doing it, but am prepared to give it a go.
My question is that once Windows 7 is installed i understand that i have to run my iMac operating software disk in Windows to install the drivers for my iMac bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
Now the daft question.......is the Mac OS X Install DVD that came with my iMac the correct disk and does it have Snow Leopard on it to enable me to install the drivers?
Sorry if its a bit of a bone question but we all have to start somewhere.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What type of iMac do you have, and what operating system is on the iMac discs? Can't help without that information alas.

Reaction score
Unless you have an iMac that has Snow Leopard on it, your OSX disks are probably Leopard disks and they will have an earlier version of the drivers. they will still work though. You may be able to download the drivers or purchase Snow Leopard separately.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Now the daft question.......is the Mac OS X Install DVD that came with my iMac the correct disk and does it have Snow Leopard on it to enable me to install the drivers?
Sorry if its a bit of a bone question but we all have to start somewhere.
Thanks in advance.

If your iMac is older than say 5-6 months...then the disk you got with your iMac most likely does not have Snow Leopard on it.

On the flip-side, if your iMac is newer than 5-6 months...then there is a very good chance it is Snow Leopard.

HTH,

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should be OK. Apple has just released updates to Boot Camp that support Windows 7. Once you get Windows 7 Ultimate installed, just download the latest Boot Camp update from Apple. (Boot Camp 3.1)

See info on Boot Camp updates at this LINK.

Regards.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied. My iMac is about 3 weeks old, so I believe i should have Snow Leopard. Once again thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
All is well and Snow Leopard does contain the drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.