• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Not sure where to ask this..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Does anyone know where we can watch the Apple event on January 27th? Can we even watch it live, or do we have to wait until someone posts it online?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does anyone know where we can watch the Apple event on January 27th? Can we even watch it live, or do we have to wait until someone posts it online?

Here's a link regarding your question:

Watch Live Apple Event 27th January 2010 Apple Tablet Event Live Streaming Video

Seems that watching the event live is not possible (invitation only)...but if you follow one of the invitees blogs or "tweets" (Twitter)..you can get a relatively quick idea of what is being announced & discussed.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I wouldn't be surprised if at least the "big announcement" was available on Apple's site later the same day. They did that with the keynote address speech regarding the Snow Leopard announcement last yr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Can't watch it live, but they put it up same day typically. I usually follow Engadget's live updates. They do pretty well describing things as they happen and have good photo coverage posted simultaneously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
There will be several websites doing like updates during the event as they have done in past events. I once saw a live bootlegged streaming video from one site but that doesn't happen often. The live text updates are more common. Apple usually provides a recording of the event from its website afterward if you don't need to watch it live.

Reaction score
Engaget usually has a pretty good live blog from the Apple events, usually have a good amount of photos and fairly robust description. Last event they had two of their staff updating the blog at the event and they did a great job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I usually follow Gizmodo. They are usually quicker than engadget (shock!) and they are less arrogant. I find that sometimes the live bloggers at engadget like to throw in little bits of sarcasm into the descriptions. I am not a fan of that. I usually watch both feeds but usually end up on giz more since they update faster. Then I will download the keynote as soon as Apple posts it. Usually around 5 PM my time (est).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Both Gizmodo and Engadget usually have excellent coverage of the Apple events.

Reaction score
I usually follow Gizmodo. They are usually quicker than engadget (shock!) and they are less arrogant. I find that sometimes the live bloggers at engadget like to throw in little bits of sarcasm into the descriptions. I am not a fan of that. I usually watch both feeds but usually end up on giz more since they update faster. Then I will download the keynote as soon as Apple posts it. Usually around 5 PM my time (est).

That is interesting, I will have to check out the Gizmodo blog this time as well and see the difference.

Thanks for the heads up!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
MacRumors last event had coverage on Twitter. I was following that and Gizmodo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.