PC and mac file sharing

Reaction score
i have my PC and mac networked together so i can see my shared PC folder on my mac. But now i want to back something up and move it from my mac to my PC. So i take the folder on my mac and drag it inot the mounted PC shared folder on my desktop. But it says i have no permission. I have set the shared folder on the PC to read and write. So basically, how can i transfer stuff from my mac to my PC ? Its about 2.5 GB of stuff and i cant burn it to a CD. How can i do what i want to ?

Thanks in advance

K

Kokopelli

Well it sounds like you have read only rights. Increase the rights to the share for the user you are logged in as.

Alternatively share a folder on the Mac and pull it to the Windows machine.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Kokopelli said:
Well it sounds like you have read only rights. Increase the rights to the share for the user you are logged in as.

Alternatively share a folder on the Mac and pull it to the Windows machine.

How do i share a folder on the mac and make it visible on the PC ??

THanks for the reply

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Ok, i got that to work, but still can't copy files over. So i put the big iMovie file that i want to save thats 2GB+ on my iPod! But when i do a fresh install of tiger, and plug my iPod in for the first time on a new OS, will it erase any data at all ?

Thanks guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.