Microsoft USB Keyboard + MacBook Pro -> Mouse cursor issues

Reaction score
Hi all,

Here's a strange one for you all. I have a Microsoft Keyboard, the one that came in this package: Optical Desktop with Fingerprint Reader Keyboard reviews - CNET Reviews. I'm using a different mouse, but have the exact same symptoms regardless of if it's plugged in or not.

My problem is that as soon as I plug it into the computer and it's recognized, my mouse cursor goes to the top-left corner of whichever monitor is designated as the primary one. I'm on a 15" MacBook Pro Unibody, and sometimes use a dual-monitor setup (the issue still comes up when I'm only using the built-in LCD). I can move it away with the trackpad or an external mouse, but as soon as I stop moving the cursor it jumps back (instantly, I don't see it moving back). I tried using the keyboard on my roommate's PC, and it worked fine. I also tried another USB keyboard I have with this machine, and that worked without a problem. I installed Microsoft's drivers for the keyboard, and that didn't change anything.

Any ideas? I tried googling around, but have found nothing.

Thanks!
-Brian

Reaction score
I have the exact same keyboard with the exact same problem. can anybody help??

Reaction score
might be late but it worked for me

I had the same problem but i fixed it now.

I purchased a mac mini a few days ago,
"Oct 1st 2012"

i got the mini to incorperate it into my allready complex set up.

custom Windows 7 Pc
2 monitors(screens)
2 Studio Monitors(Alesis Speakers)
Line6 toneport usb Audio Interface
Microsoft Keyboard with fingerprint reader
Microsoft wireless mouse

and a load of other things that make it possible for me to switch between PC,Mac and Xbox 360.

i downloaded something called USB Overdrive after trying all the microsoft driver etc but it seemed to fix the issue, have to pay for it but if it fixes the problem its worth it.

©1999-2012 Alessandro Levi Montalcini

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.