My aunts powerbook/wireless router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
My aunt just bought a Linksys wireless router. For the past few years she's had dialup but her town just got highspeed so she has it set up now. Well when she got the highspeed she plugged it in and it worked, but her dial up connect kept trying to make a connection every so often.

Well we plugged in everything and the powerbook has picked up the signal but at first when she would open Safari it said "No dial tone detected, could not make a connection" So I went into System Preferences(Network) and checked out Internal Modem but Safari still isnt picking up the connection neither is anything else. It now says that it cant find the server.

What''s happening here? It has picked up the signal we selected the linksys server and it still wont work?

Any ideas? (She has highspeed through the phoneline, does this make a difference? Because I have a cable internet at home and this worked for me?

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Nevermind. We got it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
glad to hear you got it working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.