PNG transparency

S

supremeoverlord

Hi, I have a question. My wife tells me that all my transparent PNG's on my website aren't transparent when she views them in windows. I see them fine in mac IE but she can't, is there a way around this or do I have to have a certain setting in order for this to work? Any help is appreciated.

The site is www.toonish.com/direconsequences.html
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
There is a javascript file out there.. let me see if I can find it.. ok here it is:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/index.htm

Just follow those instructions and you'll be good to go :) It's what I use on all the sites that I work with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
And luckily Microsoft has woken up and will actually support PNG transparency in IE 7.0

OP
G

guapomole

supremeoverlord said:
Hi, I have a question. My wife tells me that all my transparent PNG's on my website aren't transparent when she views them in windows. I see them fine in mac IE but she can't, is there a way around this or do I have to have a certain setting in order for this to work? Any help is appreciated.

The site is www.toonish.com/direconsequences.html
thanks

For those that might not be able to use javascript there is another option. You can use the following filter:

filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(enabled=true, sizingMethod=scale src="URL_OF_IMAGE")

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.