AirPort Extreme not being recognized, HELP

T

ticklemejovanmo

I just received an Airport Extreme card in the mail today for my G5. I installed it according to the instructions, but for some reason, when i turn the computer on, it is not being recognized. I clicked about this mac, looked in the Airport section and it said No Items Found. What is wrong? I installed the antenna properfly and everything... please help, someone!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Try making sure that the card seated properly, by reseating the card.

OP
D

d-funct

Try installing the software on the disk with it ... I think that that worked for me ... but I also had problems with it, **** I still do .. sometimes the card just drops from my wireless network ... I have the Powermac with the airport card in just above my PC with my misc wireless adapter on and the PC has NEVER dropped off the network (it may of dropped a packet or two) but my Mac will sometimes require multiple reboots to even connect to my wireless network ...

OP
B

badmojo

ticklemejovanmo said:
I just received an Airport Extreme card in the mail today for my G5. I installed it according to the instructions, but for some reason, when i turn the computer on, it is not being recognized. I clicked about this mac, looked in the Airport section and it said No Items Found. What is wrong? I installed the antenna properfly and everything... please help, someone!

If it does not work you might want to try something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127145

You weren't specific on what type of G5 you had so I assumed it was a PowerMac. Otherwise, you could try a USB network adapter. The USB solution is not optimal but if wireless has to happen where you are, then it may be worth a shot. Not to mention they're probably less expensive than the wireless card from Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.