Connecting to US Robotics router

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site so I hope someone can solve a problem for me. A friend just got a new imac for Christmas and we are having a real hard time connecting to her landlords router. We have the password, but it is a US Robotics 8054 router. Is a MAC capable of connecting to this router, and if so how?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your friend is going to need more information before she can connect to the router. She needs to know the SSID for one thing. The SSID is the "name" or "identity" the router is broadcasting. (assuming it's a wireless router)

For example: If the router is broadcasting itself as "Luxury Apartments" your friend would look in her Airport menu at the top right, click the down arrow, and look for "Luxury Apartments". Clicking on that name will bring a response asking for the password. Type in the password and press connect.

Perhaps that's over simplifying it, but it's really very easy if she has all the information required.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.