User account - full name

Reaction score
This is just a small pet-peeve.

When I first setup OS X on my MBP I entered my full name as the computer's owner. When I click on Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> More Information it shows my first and last name on the top-left of the window. For example it shows: John Doe's Macbook Pro. It'll also show the full name at the login prompt when you first turn on the computer.

I was wondering if there's a way to just have it show: John's Macbook Pro, instead of the full name? I went under Accounts and removed my last name, which affected some parts of the OS. For instance I now see "Log Out John..." instead of "Log Out John Doe..." when I click on the Apple Menu.

I believe I also removed my last name under the address book as well. I just wasn't aware that you can use your first name instead of having to input your full name when setting up OS X, like it asks. I've seen some users where their login prompt just shows, "Robin's Macbook Pro," etc.

Thank you.

:)

OP
Z
Reaction score
Harry,

I will be honest - I did not do a Google search. I now feel like a lazy slob :[.

Thank you, though. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.