• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best internet connection from multiple homes?

Reaction score
My wife and I both use MacBooks and live in 3 cities where we have an internet connection in each of the homes, each with a wireless router. Needless to say we can only use one of the connections at a time while the other two sit dormant but still end up paying for the full month fees for all 3.

Is there a better way to stay connected without the unnecessary duplication of separate access fees other than just to hang out at Starbucks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Something like what cell phone companies have which is a wireless data plan for you computers.
Edit: Model broadband

Reaction score
I think the mobile broadband is a great idea, as long as you have good cell service in all 3 of your locations.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Be careful if you choose mobile broadband. Read the associated data plans carefully. Some providers have a cap in the amount of data that can be used without an additional fee.

I checked with Sprint in June or July of '09 and discovered their plan had a 5 GB per month cap with a fee of a few cents per kilobyte for each kilobyte. I was told that they were not currently charging the overage fee but they clearly could.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.