Mac Pro Leopard Windows 7 Bootcamp Autocad Advice

Reaction score
I'm fairly new/complete novice so please bear with me.

I have a Macbook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz Intel core duo 4Gb 1067 MHZ DDR3 and I'm running leopard 10.5.8 (bought 22nd June 09) and have purchased Windows 7 so i can access the autodesk student version of autocad 2010 download. Planning to do this via bootcamp as this seemed best and also bought adobe CS4 standard for windows 7 so no worries re switching between systems.

1. Reading various forums seems a problem with bootcamp W7 and don't want to open boxes and start bootcamp and try uploading windows 7 if i actually have bought the wrong stuff and need send back.

2. How much partition should i create to run autocad 2010 and adobe cs4 standard if i do install windows 7

3. do i need to upgrade to snow leopard?

Simple to follow advice please.

Reaction score
The only issue with Bootcamp and Windows 7 at the moment is that Apple haven't released the update for Bootcamp. They were meant to do so by the end of December but as yet they haven't. Once that is done there should be no issue, in fact I am fairly sure that you can install 7 on the current Bootcamp. I have seen plenty of guides out there. As long as you have a Time Machine back all should be well.

As for space, it depends on how much stuff you plan on installing. If it is just CS4 and Autocad just look at the space requirements and then just add about 5 to 10 GB. Remember Photoshop needs extra space for scratch disks as it can fill them up if you are working with large files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.