Downloaded a widget and now I'm lost, AGAIN!

Reaction score
I downloaded the package tracker from apple page and it is on my desktop not in the widget menu on bottom could someone tell me how to get in the widget bar?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Press F12 to get Dashboard up, and just click on the plus in the bottom left hand corner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I am pretty sure that as soon as you download it it adds it to the bar of widgets at the bottom of the screen. I am not 100% since I have not used Tiger yet

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
trpnmonkey41 said:
I am pretty sure that as soon as you download it it adds it to the bar of widgets at the bottom of the screen. I am not 100% since I have not used Tiger yet

You're correct!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
It needs to go into ~user Library>Widgets via Finder.
If you haven't got a Widgets folder at the bottom of the library list make one and put it in the folder.
Most Widgets put themselves in that folder (maybe not a good idea) so check first.
If it's in the folder reboot and it will show up on dashboard. The Widget icon in the folder is a square black dashboard.
All the best.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
That did it guys .Another reason to praise Mac Forums! I put t in the library widget folder and and problem solved........... It was on automatic for downloads to desktop. Thanks,everyone!

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I notice that when I open address book in widget it opens up to an old address of a friend, instead of her new address. I deleted her old in @ application (off of dock) but in widget it still comes up. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The address widget opens on the person open/selected in your main address book. Change that and you're good to go :)

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I selected another address(simly by just highlighting another name) but it still opens to the old address There must be a preference for opening location but I can not find it, any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try setting the address to the one you want on the Widget itself via the arrows, click the red button which will open your address book at that address. Quit address book. Maybe that will make it stick.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
torchy said:
Try setting the address to the one you want on the Widget itself via the arrows, click the red button which will open your address book at that address. Quit address book. Maybe that will make it stick.
Nope that didn't do it, it still opens up to an address that I deleted in the address book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK mine's set on the second address in my book ie. the one after mine. ~ seems like default number one on the widget. You're right it won't stick for long on any others.
Not one of my favourite Widgets. :)

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
What I don't understand is it openens to an address thats not even in my book anymore,I deleted it to update it. Just one of many glithes they will be working on I guess. It's one of my favorites but slowly becoming one on the must delete list ;) just as easy to open address book from dock

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.