iMac and PS3 Media Centre

Reaction score
Hi All - happy new year!

I just got a PS3 and am trying to connect it to my iMac for the media centre so I can stream photos etc on to the TV. I guess I have to get some other software as I cant figure this out but hopefully someone will know!

Also can I play iTunes or iPhoto on TV through the PS3?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
medialinkSplash.png

Nullriver Software : Products : MediaLink

That's what I'm using and it works great!

Reaction score
Just tried this too and it is very good; however, being a new iMac user, I have a fairly noob question: is my iMac streaming all this stuff to my PS3 via my secure wireless network or can it be accessed by anyone? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Just tried this too and it is very good; however, being a new iMac user, I have a fairly noob question: is my iMac streaming all this stuff to my PS3 via my secure wireless network or can it be accessed by anyone? Thanks.

Since it's your home network, it will be secure providing you have encryption setup.

If your PS3 is wired directly to the router, it's safe. But yeah, as long as your wireless signal has been encrypted, it is safe.

Reaction score
Since it's your home network, it will be secure providing you have encryption setup.

If your PS3 is wired directly to the router, it's safe. But yeah, as long as your wireless signal has been encrypted, it is safe.

Thanks, DarkArt. Yes, my wireless is encrypted so that sets my mind at ease.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
hey thats cool didn't know about this, just tried it out right now and also got a psp so i can even access all the stuff with the remote play =)

Reaction score
I had loads of problems with this nullriver media link software, i emailed there technical support a few times and after 3 weeks still have not received a response. and by searching a few forums im not the only one. i use playback now and its working perfectly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU
I haven't gotten anything to work yet because I use an airport extreme base station which does not support Upnp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.