Another Windows 7-Bootcamp problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having a problem installing Windows 7 on my Macbook. After hours of trying and researching I'm getting nowhere so I'm hoping someone can give me a hand!

I cant get past step 14 using this guide:

Using Boot Camp to install Windows 7 on your Mac: The Complete Walkthrough – Simple Help

Im asked if I want to boot using a CD or DVD but nothing I do can get it to move along.

I've tried re-installing about a billion times with different partition sizes etc but no luck.

Tried running a repair using the windows "Repair" option from the windows disc
DEL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\NVLDDMKM.SYS (<-- is that even correct?) but still nothing...

(smiley face not supposed to be there!!)

My mac:
MAcbook
2.13GHz intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 800Mhz DDR2 memory
160GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

Really need windows for uni this year so any help would be appreciated!
Cheers

Reaction score
Are you trying to install the 64 bit version? If so, that may be the problem. BootCamp does not yet support the 64 bit version, but the 32 bit version works just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
saving for a macbook pro
64 bit works fine with boot camp. You just have to go into the disc and start the 64 bit installer manually. There is an update available on apples website....I think it is 2.1 but a snow leopard disc should have that. I ran win 7 64 bit quite easily on my 2008 black macbook with everything working. When you installed win 7 at the stage you picked the disc to install to.....did you format the bootcamp partition. Does it actually attempt to load win 7 on startup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.