Installing Windows 7 on my MBP?

Reaction score
Hello! I just purchased Windows 7 (64-bit) through Microsoft's Ultimate Steal program for college students. I am using a Macbook Pro Unibody with 4gb of RAM & a 2.66GHz processor.

I am unsure of how to install Windows 7 on my computer! I thought I would need to burn the ISO to DVD and then run it using the Bootcamp assistant, however the ISO file that was provided is and ISO.exe file. So I am confused - how do I burn it to DVD so that I can install it?

Thank you so much in advance, I cannot believe the amount of trouble I am having with this!

-J

Reaction score
open up disk utility and drag the iso to left. i think then you can just press burn.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for the fast reply...I can't drag it anywhere though, it doesn't seem that there is anywhere in disk utility to drag it to.

Also, it is an .exe file (the file is DLMWin7HP64US-ISO.exe)
Do I need to turn the exe file into an iso file somehow?

This is perplexing me, thanks again!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to first run the *.exe file on a Windows PC. That will create the necessary installable ISO file which then needs to be burned to a DVD. The DVD must be burned correctly so that it's bootable. Use a program like Nero, or the free Ashampoo Burning Studio.

Also, I believe MS has instructions for the download and how to create the DVD. Look on their web site.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ahh okay, thank you so much! I had no idea, I couldn't find anything on Microsoft's website. Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place. Thanks again!

-J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.