• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Happy New Year everyone. Counting down the days to MBP Ownership

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Happy New Year everyone! Twenty-Ten.

I'm now counting down the days until my very first MBP arrives. I have opted for the 17" MBP 2.8gHz 500GB HDD, 4GB Ram model from June 09.

Any hints, tips, and advice on what i first should do when it arrives would be appreciated. No, i will not be installing Windows7 on it, but i would like some advice regarding its first usage, and battery maintenance.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
good luck with it man, you're going to love it. i have no advice but to just enjoy an amazing machine, you will do nothing but play with your new MBP for the next week you have it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i bought my wife a 13" MBP last year and i must say that i am jealous. that thing is smoking fast compared to my MB.

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Thanks.! Hopefully my MBP will be here in a couple of days now. So excited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Thanks.! Hopefully my MBP will be here in a couple of days now. So excited.

And certainly have a Happy New Year - while u are waiting have a squizz at this.

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
My MBP has landed in Finland, and should be with me very soon.:)

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Had my MBP a couple of days or so now, and loving it. What an amazing machine.

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Two months on from MBP ownership, and I just felt compelled to post here that I'm still loving the experience, and have no regrets about the migration.! :)

Reaction score
^Good stuff. I'm going onto 2 months and really love my MBP. It's fast and has very low risk for things like malware and viruses. Granted, I am still getting used to the keyboard shortcuts and overall interface of OSX, but so far everything's been really good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4
^Good stuff. I'm going onto 2 months and really love my MBP. It's fast and has very low risk for things like malware and viruses. Granted, I am still getting used to the keyboard shortcuts and overall interface of OSX, but so far everything's been really good.

Agreed.....however I gave up on shortcuts....my brain is currently full LOL;D

Reaction score
Good to know, as soon as you get your very own mbp you'll fall in love with it... it's apple's way of doing things that dell/msft doesn't quite do with their computers

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Almost a year on now, well, a couple of months to go, but I thought I would update my thread to let you all know, I am still loving my MBP, and its still a joy to use. I had to use my old windows machine recently to set it up for an blogging event next month, and oh boy, it feels like a Toby toy lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Almost a year on now, well, a couple of months to go, but I thought I would update my thread to let you all know, I am still loving my MBP, and its still a joy to use. I had to use my old windows machine recently to set it up for an blogging event next month, and oh boy, it feels like a Toby toy lol.

Haha.. I know just what you mean. I'm on my second year with two MBP's in tow and recently was asked to fix some things on two of my cousins' Windows based laptops, and man... what an 'experience' ! Windows 7 may in fact be more stable than its predecessors, but I don't see any innovation under the hood in terms of where Apple has gone with making the user experience so pleasant.

The hardware working in perfect harmony with the software on so many levels is what makes the Mac experience so unique and pleasureful. The integration of the trackpad (or now magic track pad) with spaces and expose is just so far ahead of anything I've seen being done on a Windows box. Having to deal with those issues (on my cousin's computers) brought back a lot of memories of long lost frustration, that I'd never even think about accepting into my life again. Funny how a computer can make you so emotional, eh ?

Doug

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Ain't this the truth, I can't start to imagine how much of my life had previously been wasted in the Windows Environment simply just waiting, and waiting, not to mention the countless, useless windows updates, and unexpectedly restarts with no prompts, you jus never knew where you stood with Windows, it kind of did what IT wanted to do lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.