iphoto files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17 and MacBook Air
When I go into Finder, and locate iPhoto Library, there appears to be no files in it. I believe I used to see a whole list of "rolls". What has happened and where are my files? (if I double-click on Library, it opens iPhoto).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Your photos are in iPhoto. You should only access them through iPhoto, never via Finder or you'll just screw everything up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
It's a bad idea, but if you ctrl-click the iphoto library in Finder, there is an option for "Show Package Contents". You'll then be able to see what's inside. As was stated above, do not change anything in there. You can not edit your iphoto library manually with Finder.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wanted to 'see' the files so I could transfer copies of them to a jump drive to put on another computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
In iPhoto, select your photos and Export them in the required format (.jpg perhaps) and size (Original is an option) to the required destination.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Bettery yet, just select them, copy them and paste them where you want them. Or, just drag them from iPhoto to wherever it is you want them (you'll notice the green circle with the plus sign indicating that they are being copied).

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
I'm no fan of the "new" way of iPhoto keeping your photos in a database (a package file in the finder). It makes it a real pain to make backups when your database file is large enough that it doesn't fit on a DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm no fan of the "new" way of iPhoto keeping your photos in a database (a package file in the finder). It makes it a real pain to make backups when your database file is large enough that it doesn't fit on a DVD.

Have you thought of spitting your iPhoto database into more than one? This would have the added bonus of iPhoto loading quicker too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Or just backup from within iPhoto. Drag the Events/albums, etc (thinking aqbout size), whatever you want onto a blank DVD -- or to your desktop and then to a DVD. Easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.