Adobe Acrobat 6.0 quits unexpectedly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(Late 2009) Mac Mini 10.9.5, 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
I recently purchased a new Mac Mini and I'm reinstalling my old software that i used on my G4. I've been to the adobe site and didn't have much luck, just followed link after link that led to no answers. Anyway I am using Adobe acrobat 6.0 Standard, it installed without issue, but when i try to run the application, as soon as the main screen appears it immediately crashes and tells me it unexpectedly quit. Tried several times. I've deleted and reinstalled again, rebooted, but to no avail. Anybody have thoughts on a solution? This ran perfectly on my G4 from 03' to present...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Try running it in Rosetta mode. Right click the icon, select Get Info, select Open using Rosetta.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try running it in Rosetta mode. Right click the icon, select Get Info, select Open using Rosetta.

I did what you said, but when I selected, "get info" it didn't give me an option to, "open using Rosetta mode"..... :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Acrobat 6.0 is ancient. It always runs in Rosetta. I'm surprised it runs at all on Leopard or Snow Leopard. It is certainly not supported on either OS.

I doubt you'll be able to do much without upgrading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
As I recall Acrobat 8.0 did not run on Leopard. 8.1.2 was the first version that was Leopard compatible. And Snow Leopard is even more picky than Leopard was. Unfortunately, you're going to need to upgrade.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As I recall Acrobat 8.0 did not run on Leopard. 8.1.2 was the first version that was Leopard compatible. And Snow Leopard is even more picky than Leopard was. Unfortunately, you're going to need to upgrade.
Ok. I went and checked out an upgrade to 9.0, but it says, "windows platform" will that work on my Mini?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I need "Acrobat". Adobe "Reader" is a different program, but thanks. "Reader" just allows you to look/view PDF files, but "Acrobat" allows you to create PDF files. Thankyou though. How's the weather down under?

Reaction score
If all you need is Acrobat, use Preview instead. If you need to create PDF's on a Mac, that's built in to the Print window when you to go print a document. Just do cmd+p, then in the print window, bottom left, there's a PDF menu to "print a PDF" copy to your hard drive.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If all you need is Acrobat, use Preview instead. If you need to create PDF's on a Mac, that's built in to the Print window when you to go print a document. Just do cmd+p, then in the print window, bottom left, there's a PDF menu to "print a PDF" copy to your hard drive.
Thanks, I already do that some, but I scan documents to create PDF's, not just a simple file conversion. Can preview scan in documents to be PDF's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think your only option is to bite the bullet and purchase the latest version of Acrobat as 6 is not upgradeable unless you are a Windows user it would appear.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.