PDA

View Full Version : Another Bootcamp issue

rimboy
12-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Hello all!

Ok, I know this isn't the first thread about this, but I have a problem installing Bootcamp drivers on Windows XP SP2. Now i've read a lot on forums and in the notice but nothing seems to fix the problem. I've ran Leopard CD right after I installed Windows to get the drivers. It goes through the entire process of installing the drivers - no error messages... than I reboot for the changes to take place, and still have those things not working :

- Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
- Bluetooth USB Host Controller
- iSight thing
- SM bus controller
- Network controller
- Ethernet controller
- Video controller (VGA compatible)
- Coprocesser

I tried everything... downloading drivers updates, exploring the Lepoard CD manually, repairing the drivers, deleted and reinstalled the files, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks a lot for anything that could help

Rimboy

JUKE179r
12-21-2009, 07:04 AM
I have WIN XP SP2 with no issues but try upgrading to SP3 and then reinstalling the drivers.

rimboy
12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't think I can update to SP3 without those drivers working.
Got the audio device to work in some way!?!?!
Tryed a couple more things like copying/unzipping the drivers directly on my desktop and pointing directly to the driver via the device management thing window... you know

only thing left to do is cry I guess

chscag
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't think I can update to SP3 without those drivers working.
Got the audio device to work in some way!?!?!
Tryed a couple more things like copying/unzipping the drivers directly on my desktop and pointing directly to the driver via the device management thing window... you know only thing left to do is cry I guess

Don't use too many tissues yet... :) Go to the Apple web site and download the Boot Camp 2.1 update for XP (make sure it says XP not Vista!). Run the executable file from Windows. Let's see what happens.

Regards.

SammySlim
12-22-2009, 02:43 PM
And be sure you are downloading and running it from within XP, not Mac OS. Good luck. And you should be able to upgrade to SP3 in any case. Good luck.