Another Bootcamp issue

Reaction score
Hello all!

Ok, I know this isn't the first thread about this, but I have a problem installing Bootcamp drivers on Windows XP SP2. Now i've read a lot on forums and in the notice but nothing seems to fix the problem. I've ran Leopard CD right after I installed Windows to get the drivers. It goes through the entire process of installing the drivers - no error messages... than I reboot for the changes to take place, and still have those things not working :

- Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
- Bluetooth USB Host Controller
- iSight thing
- SM bus controller
- Network controller
- Ethernet controller
- Video controller (VGA compatible)
- Coprocesser

I tried everything... downloading drivers updates, exploring the Lepoard CD manually, repairing the drivers, deleted and reinstalled the files, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks a lot for anything that could help

Rimboy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I have WIN XP SP2 with no issues but try upgrading to SP3 and then reinstalling the drivers.

OP
R
Reaction score
I don't think I can update to SP3 without those drivers working.
Got the audio device to work in some way!?!?!
Tryed a couple more things like copying/unzipping the drivers directly on my desktop and pointing directly to the driver via the device management thing window... you know

only thing left to do is cry I guess

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think I can update to SP3 without those drivers working.
Got the audio device to work in some way!?!?!
Tryed a couple more things like copying/unzipping the drivers directly on my desktop and pointing directly to the driver via the device management thing window... you know only thing left to do is cry I guess

Don't use too many tissues yet... :) Go to the Apple web site and download the Boot Camp 2.1 update for XP (make sure it says XP not Vista!). Run the executable file from Windows. Let's see what happens.

Regards.

Reaction score
And be sure you are downloading and running it from within XP, not Mac OS. Good luck. And you should be able to upgrade to SP3 in any case. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.