Can't install trial PS and AI

Reaction score
Hi there people,

I just got my MBP and everything is so new to me P: I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop and Illustrator from Adobe website but all i get is whenever the Patcher Application download is complete, i click it and it'll pop out this:

'An error occurred during installation.
The Updater is unable to locate the product to be updated.'

Please help me, i'm completely lost :(

Thanks very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I'm a bit confused. You downloaded and installed the trial versions. So, do they run OK? Then you are trying to run an update and it gives you the error message. Is that right?

If my guesses above are correct, then I think one of two things is happening: (1) the trial version doesn't allow updates, or (2) the trial version has not been saved to the location on the HD where the updater expects to find it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Me too. Did you just download the apps, or have you installed them also?

The updater is not going to find anything to update until you've installed the apps.

OP
B
Reaction score
@VegasGeorge : Thank you for your reply. To be honest, i'm quite confused too myself as this has never happened to me before. I went to download.com too and hit the Download button and then it started to download when the window popped out but i think i only get the patch application appeared on my desktop (it's 170MB file size). I clicked on the patch icon and another window popped out with the Adobe folder there. I opened the folder and clicked on the setup file, then it pops out another window asking for my password (for admin purpose). When i keyed in and pressed Enter, this occurred :

So i really dunno what's going on here.

@bobtomay : Thank you for your reply. Yes i downloaded it but i can't installed it because this error message pops out everytime! It prevented me from completing the whole installation process when it hasn't even started ):

And all i can do is click Finish and then nothing happens. I have no idea what's going on.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I would suggest trashing whatever files you have. Go back to Adobe and re-download the trial version from there.

Reaction score
download the programs from adobe directly. When it finishes installing it should ask you for a serial number but also give you the option of using it as a trial version. Choose trial and enjoy the software, it's really great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.