PDA

View Full Version : Trying to use TV as mirror monitor for Powermac G5

kev_taoboy
12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
I just purchased a single processor Powermac G5 tower and I'm trying to watch internet TV on my analog TV via video cable.

I purchased a ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR Memory DVI-I to VGA & S-Video video card and have connected everything up, but my Mac doesn't seem to recognize it as an additional display.

I click on the "detect displays" function and it doesn't see it. I'm not really sure what else to try
Am I missing something?

kev

chscag
12-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Is the ATI Radeon 9200 card you purchased for a Mac? In other words does it have the Mac ROM and not PC? The cards look the same but have different firmware. A PC card will not work in a Mac.

Regards.

kev_taoboy
12-18-2009, 10:28 PM
It is Mac compatible - double checked by plugging my VGA monitor into it and THAT works fine.

bobtomay
12-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers for that card from ATI?

If you have 10.3 or 10.4 go here (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/macosx10-4x-3x-radeon.aspx).

If you're on 10.5, the drivers were included with the OS, but I don't have a clue if it would have been installed or not if the card was not in the machine during the install of the OS.

kev_taoboy
12-19-2009, 11:39 AM
The OS is 10.5x so the drivers should already be installed. Is there a way to "activate" them or something?
I'm also wondering if all S-Video to video cable adaptors are the same. The one I'm using came with the S-Video graphics card I bought for a PC about a year ago - is it possible my adaptor wouldn't work with the card I bought?