Wireless connection problems

Reaction score
When trying to connect to my wireless on my macbook pro, the following statement appears "connection timed out" no matter how many times i try.

when trying to connect through the network preferences i get told the password is invalid however i know it is correct as i have used it on other apple and pc devices.

my mac has connected to other wireless connections though.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac 27" 2.66 GHz Intel Core 4Gb Ram|SL|Dual Band 1TB TC|AEX(n)|iPhone 4|iTouch 2G|160GB ATV|MBA
Sucking eggs i know but...i think a simple solution would be to check what the wireless password is on the router initially?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try setting up a new user and log into that and see if the same problem occurs - if it is sweet then it points to your User files. Then we can help with troubleshooting but you will need to give more info.

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the wireless network at work. Anywhere else I connect with no problem, and the password is definitely correct, as I connect to the network with my HTC hero with no problems. I tried creating a new location in network settings, but no luck. I even connect to the weak system of the shop next door, but absolutely no luck here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.