• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Looking For An informative photography Forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Does anyone know any well known and informative photography forums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
photo.net is great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
The Hun has some great photographs. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^ Second that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Photography on the net has a lot of content. But the management (Moderators) are really a bunch of snotty types and that Pekka guy who owns the site is one unfriendly dude. I think it's a front for Pekka's business more than an actual online community.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Does anyone know any well known and informative photography forums?

Are you looking for general photography tips which are not specific to a particular brand of camera ?

Off the top of my head:

Someone already mentioned photo.net but I'm not too keen on their layout

There's dpreview, but I personally loathe the site. Its' a mess and full of useless brick wall pixel peepers

For Canon stuff POTN was already mentioned

I personally have made a home of NikonCafe.com - Powered by vBulletin They're really great people who don't care so much about brand names even though they're DSLR Nikon shooters. (pretty much everyone there hates Nikon P&S's lol)

There are a lot of film shooters there and a lot of them shoot with non Nikon gear. Generally a very informed and experienced (professionals) group of individuals who appreciate sharing as well as taking in knowledge. Definitely a LOT less biased and more sensible/down to earth than people from another Nikon forum (whom shall go unnamed) or even the POTN folks. Though I do also belong to the latter and have also found very nice folks on there too.

fredmiranda.com: Specialized in Canon - Nikon SLR Cameras, Forum, Photoshop Plugins, Actions, Reviews, Hosting and Digital Darkroom

One for lighting: Paul C. Buff FORUM Archive • Index page

Google search revealed: The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum (I just bookmarked that one myself)

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Photography on the net has a lot of content. But the management (Moderators) are really a bunch of snotty types and that Pekka guy who owns the site is one unfriendly dude. I think it's a front for Pekka's business more than an actual online community.

It's a huge forum and if they don't tightly moderate it, it'll end up something like The Photo Forum where jack***es are allowed free reign of the place and there's pretty much no real law or moderation.

POTN is a very good source for information and people, including the moderators, that I've personally met from POTN have all turned out to be good people.

Look at Devilboy, I'm sure he rubs people the wrong way sometimes and people get miffed about stuff he does, but he's doing his job along with all the other moderators on this site to keep it from winding up one big trash hole of a mac vs. pc debate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.