• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Free CandyBar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Hershey's is giving away free candy bars today (5 million total, 500,000 online). Just go here, enter your birthdate and then your address info.

Hurry though because they are running out fast.

http://hersheys.eprize.net/take5giveaway/

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would jump on that, but I don't like peanut butter. Thank you for the notice, thou. :)

E

EvoMac

I did it just for kicks (and who dosen't like free things every now and again) apparently they are over 4.5 million free ones given away already. If you do want it might not want ot put it off or else you will miss out on your 85cents of free goodness ;-)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks! Got one.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Thanks for sharing. I gots mine! :cool:

J

Jefe3223

There's a box of them that they are giving away if you go sell back your books, here at my college that is....on that note I got $10, for the whole $500 I spent this semester!!! But at least I got a 40¢ candybar. alright.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Jefe3223 said:
...on that note I got $10, for the whole $500 I spent this semester!!! But at least I got a 40¢ candybar. alright.

Hey, be thankful you aren't on the quarter system like I am. :(

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I just did it. Do you have to fill out the part for tellin people about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
darn milk chocolate products....how about some dark chocolate with out the whey!!!

most peoplese response to that: "freakin vegan"

my free st. pauli girl poster i think is the best thing i ever got for free off the internet, along with free guiness stuff, but i cant even drink guiness (once again "freakin vegan"

its been a long day in the library...sorry

and to the book man...i just usually keep my books, no real point in only getting 10% back at most...plus i got all these books i barely read in case i need future knowlege on the subject
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Jefe3223 said:
There's a box of them that they are giving away if you go sell back your books, here at my college that is....on that note I got $10, for the whole $500 I spent this semester!!! But at least I got a 40¢ candybar. alright.

One of the reasons I always bought new books and never sold them back. Never wanted to feed the student exploitation system.

"Lets over-charge for textbooks, offer them 10% of the original price at the end of the semester, then sell them to other students at a 10% mark down from new prices!" What a racket.

It'd be nice if the school or some students set up a co-operative buy back, where people could sell their old books themselves and not give 80% of the price to the thieving SOBs.

Anyway, I'm getting my free candy bar. #4601824.

J

Jefe3223

coach_z said:
and to the book man...i just usually keep my books, no real point in only getting 10% back at most...plus i got all these books i barely read in case i need future knowlege on the subject
-chris
Yeah, I was just hoping I wouldn't have to haul them home...a car can only hold so much Crud, 'till it won't hold no more crud.

E

embries

half.ebay.com I buy all my books there and sell them back at the end of the semester. Selling is easy as it can be because all you gotta do to list it is get the ISBN off the barcode on the back. Usually can buy a book and turn it around the next semester for the exact same ammount (assuming it's not already an older text that no school uses).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
rberry88 said:
Hershey's is giving away free candy bars today (5 million total, 500,000 online). Just go here, enter your birthdate and then your address info.

Hurry though because they are running out fast.

http://hersheys.eprize.net/take5giveaway/

I have already received a few free ones...but then again, I only live about 15 minutes away from Hershey, PA. It is really easy to get 'chocolated out' when you live this close to the Chocolate Capital of the USA. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
D3v1L80Y said:
I have already received a few free ones...but then again, I only live about 15 minutes away from Hershey, PA. It is really easy to get 'chocolated out' when you live this close to the Chocolate Capital of the USA. :black:

Lucky ive got a good 2 hours between me and the big chocolate heaven.

J

Jefe3223

D3v1L80Y said:
I totally was there this summer. 'twas a good time...though not being able to go threw the real factory was a downer.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Jefe3223 said:
I totally was there this summer. 'twas a good time...though not being able to go threw the real factory was a downer.

I went there too. I wanted to go on one of the tours, but we got there around closing time. The place was full of little kids on their field trips, I miss field trips so much. Jefe, did you go on the Hershey ride and get your picture taken like I did? :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.