Sonar files to Garageband 9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, SL, 4gb Ram, Dual 2.26
Hello all,
This looks like a great site to get my questions answered, so maybe you all can help!

I have a new mac mini with snow leopard. I previously had a PC with sonar 7 producer edition and i am now making the switch to mac. Until i can afford Logic pro i am going to try to use the sonar files that i had unfinished (because my PC fried.. and luckily i had my files backed up) and finish editing them in garageband 9. is this possible? i am not working with midi or anything, just all plainly recorded .wav files. i have about 8 songs that need to be finished up for a few clients of mine, and so far.. im stuck. i am a very new mac user and just wanted to ensure that i could do what im trying to do. Thanks so much for any help! i really appreciate it! :D

-tony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 GHz eMac w/ superdrive, 1.5GB RAM; 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo MBP
You can import the .wav files in to Garageband. If these are multi-track projects, just create a blank audio track (Real Instrument if memory serves me correct) for each track in the project. You should be able to drag and drop the file on to the track and then manually line it up. It might be a little tedious with GB's limited nudge rates, but hopefully it should get the job done.

-SCR

OP
heygermandude
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, SL, 4gb Ram, Dual 2.26
i tried the drag and drop, and it works fine.. but i get the error message "the file you are trying to import is 32bit and cannot be used" is there any way i can fix this? maybe just convert them to mp3s and manually line them up?:'(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.