Installing Red Alert 2 On Windows via Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hey, I just installed Boot Camp on my mac today so that I could play an old friend in an even older game. I went to install Red Alert and every time I try to install the game it crashes. I tried to change compatibility because Boot Camp is running XP but it still crashes every time. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The game should run OK in XP. It can run in Win 2000 and XP uses the same driver model that Win 2000 uses.

The only thing I can think of right now is that it doesn't like your hardware. The operating system should be OK, likewise for memory. That leaves the graphics hardware which it may not like. Don't know what to tell you. You might try hitting some of the Red Alert user forums to see if anyone has a solution.

LINK

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
I was thinking that too but I can install and run a newer game (Roller Coaster Tycoon) and a much older game (Warcraft II Tides of Darkness). I'll look into it though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.