Bluetooth mouse and keyboard through KVM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 4Gb Ram 500Gb Seagate HDD
First off thanks for all of the help I have gotten from everyone on the forum. I recently switched to Mac and I will never go back to a pc.

I know this is unrelated to Mac's. You guys have never failed me before though!!
My office has two pc's running through a KVM switch. They have been working on a MS wireless keyboard and mouse. My problem is the receiver went out on the keyboard and mouse. I purchased a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse from Best Buy. I got the Rocketfish brand. I have been using another Rocketfish set up for awhile now and have never had a problem. Anyway, I hooked the bluetooth dongle up to the USB slot on the KVM. The KVM has two USB slots, one for the keyboard and one for the mouse. When I try to use the keyboard and mouse only one of them works. The one that works depends on which USB slot the dongle is in. My question is if I get a KVM that also has a bluetooth adapter in it can I use my keyboard and mouse through that instead of the dongle?

Here is the hardware I have.
KVM Switch
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/IOGEAR+-+2-Port+USB+KVM+Switch+with+Cables/6191569.p?id=1067390694346&skuId=6191569&st=kvm &cp=1&lp=2

Mouse and Keyboard
Rocketfish™ - Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse - Black - RF-BTCMBO2

This is what im thinking of getting.

Newegg.com - Zonet KVM3324W 4-Port USB KVM Switch w/Audio + Bluetooth - KVM Switches

Thanks for all of your help!!!!!

Andy

OP
passat4012
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 4Gb Ram 500Gb Seagate HDD
Wow, I guess everyone else is stumped as well!!

Reaction score
Hi,

Did you get any joy with this?

I just got a 2-port USB KVM switch and plan to try with my bluetooth dongle (assuming I can find it...)

Thanks,
Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.