• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tiger time

E

Ex_PC_Puke

I was going to wait a while to let things settle out -- but the longer I wait the more stuff I'll have on my new mini ---- so I figure I'll just take the leap now since I'm also just doing basic usage anyway

Soooooooo I just got the disk in the mail today --- I'm going to nuke this baby and do it right basically following the instructions I used when I had to reload Panther
http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]@.599b3b48

Hope to see you all in a few hours if I'm good :ninja:

Or longer if either I screw up or "the Tiger bites" :dummy:

This is captain Tom signing off ..........................

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

First a correction ------

That should have been - Major Tom signing off ............

Lost my friggin mind in all the excitement

Have loaded Tiger with the erase option - cut the printer drivers back to just Hp and Epson -- re-booted twice just for the heck of it after getting thru all the registration stuff

- xferred my 1.5GB music back over -- iTunes is running ok
- both mail boxes running in mail
- xferred old .plist into Safari ok

Seems stable so far

now need to get Palm running - new scanner drivers loaded again - then photoshop - AppleWorks - NeoOffice

back at it

OP
S

Steel02001

Does anything seem to be running slower than normal? Or faster? The thing i hear most is things going slower.

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

Still getting stuff loaded and setup -- be a day or so before I can tell for sure - but I'm not seeing any huge difference in speed :dive:

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

Yes ---- this board is definetly - Ground Control :)

Well it took about about 5hrs of off and on fiddling with Tiger to get everything working as it was on Panther -- biggest isssue I had was getting the Palm to sync with iSync and iCal ------ Never did get iSync Palm Conduits to even get past the first 2 questions before it exited with an error mgs

But later found that iSync 2.0 that Tiger loaded already had Palm conduits ready so more fiddling and boom --- I'm good to go

No other issues - Safari is stable -- dashboard is very cool and useful --- so far so good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.