• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm rich! (I think...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
RE:FINAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION.

Dear Beneficiary

We apologies, for the delay of your payment and all the inconveniences and
inflict that we might have indulge you through. however, we were having some minor problems with our payment system, which is inexplicable, and have held us stranded and indolent, not having the aspiration to devote our 100% assiduity in accrediting foreign payments.

We apologies once again, from the record of outstanding winners due for payment, your name and particular was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding winners who have not yet receive their payment.

I wish to inform you now that the square peg is now in square hole and can be voguish, for that your payment is has been processed and will be release to you as soon as you respond to this letter.

Also note that from our record your outstanding winning payment is valued at $610,000.00 USD (SIX HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS)Payment will be made to you in form of a certified bank draft or bank wire transfer into a nominated bank account of your choice, as soon as you get in touched with.

Mr.Fred Kumar
TEL:+44 700 596 1522
E-mail: [email protected]

Provide him with the following details, as this will enable him to process and
release of your cash prize without any delay.

Your Full Name:..................................

Telephone and fax Numbers:.........................

Residential Address:...............................

Your urgent reply Mr.Fred Kumar via e-mail: [email protected] will effect the speedy release of your cash prize to you within 48hours.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs. Vera Hillers
Vice President.

Of course, I responded immediately! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Congratulations...

You have been carefully selected from our worldwide database of gullible muppets, and we are confident that you have the required stupidity to respond to our mail....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
RE:FINAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION.

Dear Beneficiary

We apologies, for the delay of your payment and all the inconveniences and
inflict that we might have indulge you through. however, we were having some minor problems with our payment system, which is inexplicable, and have held us stranded and indolent, not having the aspiration to devote our 100% assiduity in accrediting foreign payments.

We apologies once again, from the record of outstanding winners due for payment, your name and particular was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding winners who have not yet receive their payment.

I wish to inform you now that the square peg is now in square hole and can be voguish, for that your payment is has been processed and will be release to you as soon as you respond to this letter.

Also note that from our record your outstanding winning payment is valued at $610,000.00 USD (SIX HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS)Payment will be made to you in form of a certified bank draft or bank wire transfer into a nominated bank account of your choice, as soon as you get in touched with.

Mr.Fred Kumar
TEL:+44 700 596 1522
E-mail: [email protected]

Provide him with the following details, as this will enable him to process and
release of your cash prize without any delay.

Your Full Name:..................................

Telephone and fax Numbers:.........................

Residential Address:...............................

Your urgent reply Mr.Fred Kumar via e-mail: [email protected] will effect the speedy release of your cash prize to you within 48hours.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs. Vera Hillers
Vice President.

Of course, I responded immediately! ;)

FINAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION? why didn't you respond to the previous ones?!?!? did you know you were owed all this money?!?! haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
FINAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION? why didn't you respond to the previous ones?!?!? did you know you were owed all this money?!?! haha

I apologies, sir!

:D haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I just edit some words on there and spam the right back!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I wonder how they managed to find a word I don't believe I have ever seen.

Yep, I admit, assiduity is a new one for me.

Learning even from scammers, who'd a thunk it.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
My eyes hurt after reading all that. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ya know, you should send then the name and address (etc) of someone you really don't like. Then just sit back and watch the show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
My eyes hurt after reading all that. >_>"

My *brain* hurt after reading that!

One assumes that anyone stupid enough to reply would be asked to send a small "check release fee" or some other form of payment to them first, to enable the transfer of money into their account. If I got one of those, it would be fun to respond just to see what sort of "hook" they tried to catch you with.

What do you think baggs? You should reply, and report back here as the game develops!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I can't believe I actually read that post :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
you should mess with them, tell them you only have about half a million dollars to work with and you'd like to send most of it to them, blah blah blah make up a story and tons of promises. then tell them you work undercover for the fbi, you got their IP and location and agents are on the way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I wonder how they managed to find a word I don't believe I have ever seen.

*** U I DITY

Make an *** out of you and I and dity, whoever that may be? And remember the *** as mentioned in the bible is like a donkey. Our censorship is really over the top at times!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
What havnt you received yours yet ???

I got mine few week ago today ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
*** U I DITY

Make an *** out of you and I and dity, whoever that may be? And remember the *** as mentioned in the bible is like a donkey. Our censorship is really over the top at times!

Amen to that statement O:) :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
I responded to a scam email once and just wrote

"thanks for wasting my time you and your scam are a bunch of ****s go ahead and kiss my a**"

they wrote back, no joke.

"your a** is smelling"

best thing ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
you should mess with them, tell them you only have about half a million dollars to work with and you'd like to send most of it to them, blah blah blah make up a story and tons of promises. then tell them you work undercover for the fbi, you got their IP and location and agents are on the way

Heh...sounds like stuff they do on 419eater.com; that's a site dedicated to people scamming the scammers. Probably the best thing on there is how they got a couple of scammers to reenact the Dead Parrot sketch to prove what they're willing to go through to get money...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Dude! it's real it has to be! go for it!! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Whenever they email me I give them the address to the J Edger Hoover building in Washington, D.C.

I never hear from them again :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.