Which Mac Should my friend buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
A friend of mine is looking to buy a new mac. He either wants to get the 20" iMac G5 or the Dual 2GHZ powermac G5. Do you all have any recommendations as to which he should get. He has the money to get either one but wants which ever one will be the best for his need. He is heavy in graphic design and Video Editing. He can get a monitor for the powermac for free from his office (a nice 20" cinema display).

Which one should he get and why?? Thanks in advance.

D

Desolate One

You just answered it with "He is heavy in graphic design and video editing." Powermac.

Reaction score
donnation25 said:
A friend of mine is looking to buy a new mac. He either wants to get the 20" iMac G5 or the Dual 2GHZ powermac G5. Do you all have any recommendations as to which he should get. He has the money to get either one but wants which ever one will be the best for his need. He is heavy in graphic design and Video Editing. He can get a monitor for the powermac for free from his office (a nice 20" cinema display).

Which one should he get and why?? Thanks in advance.

Graphic design and video editing... definatly the PowerMac G5. They have the power and upgradeability to be able to grow with his ability. The iMac G5 is a great and beautiful machine, but it just doesn't have the horsepower and upgradeability of the PowerMac G5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Powermac.

Both would work, but the Powermac is far better. I currently do a huge amount of graphic design/video editing/and audio editing on a 17" Powerbook G4, but compared to what the Powermac can do, I really have nothing. At some point I'll get one, but I have a few other thigns to buy first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
and finite, please don't spam this site with things that don't relate to the topic at hand. Software on the black market is not really somethign that relates to what Mac he should buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.