Home Button issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello there,

So I accidentally dropped my iPhone around a week ago but the Switch Easy Capsule Rebel was on and it was a slight drop, like very very short distance and I am pretty sure it wasn't that hard. Thing is, now when ever I press the Home Button, I have to kind of press it hard in order for it to work, it doesn't work when I press it normally anymore.

I haven't tried any solutions because I don't know any, and replacing the home button or getting it fixed is NO option to me because I got no warranty, I am in Egypt, and here Apple Tradeline will take a **** lot of money just to fix that. They are already taking around $55 just replace the back for me. I bought a white 16GB back and I need to get it replaced but I don't know how to open the phone and do it so they said they can do it for me for $55 lol.

Thank you in advance and I will be waiting for suggestions.

BY THE WAY, I think I can open the phone by unscrewing the two screws on the bottom next to the microphone and speaker, then take the touch screen off, is that where the home button is located? Because I don't want to take the motherboard off or anything. And what shall I do if I open it like that? Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
If your going to open it up check out iFixit.com they have some of the best Apple/Mac take apart guides.

Removing the bottom screws will free up the display, Make sure you have a suction cup to pull up the display (don't use anything other than a suction cup!!)

The home button is installed in the display you most likely won't need to remove it (home button) there is a small connector (check pic) There is a piece of flex cable that sticks out and rests on the logic board (check the pic two small terminals) sometimes in a fall,drop..etc that flex cable can move and become disconnected from the logic board. You most likely need to bend that flex cable back down so it rests on the logic board.

2v36a8p.jpg

If you want to replace the back panel I would suggest buying a back cover that already has the bezel installed.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Yeah, I've used iFixit for my MacBook Pro before and it is wonderful. I am going to buy the mini Philips screw driver tonight and open it up to fix the cable. I'm sure it's misplaced some how. I'll let you know how replacing the back cover goes because I'll do it at the Apple store. And umm, I can buy the back cover and the chrome bezel but they're not together, like separate. I don't think there are ones that get sold together, BUT you're right. A lot of people always find like a distance between the metal rim (chrome bezel) and the back itself, which is ridiculous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.