Bluetooth mouse won't stay connected

Reaction score
I have a Macbook running Snow Leopard and the bluetooth mouse won't stay connected. It worked fine for a while but now it won't stay connected. I can manually connect it but the connection won't reestablish if I restart the Macbook. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I have a Macbook running Snow Leopard and the bluetooth mouse won't stay connected. It worked fine for a while but now it won't stay connected. I can manually connect it but the connection won't reestablish if I restart the Macbook. Any ideas?
Is the mouse asleep when you restart? (Like, shutdown, walk away, and restart 20 min later).
Or, is everything working fine, you do a restart, and then it doesn't reconnect.
I'd suspect your MacBook isn't in "Discoverable" mode.

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my mighty mouse as well. I just recently reinstalled Snow Leopard, and now it'll connect, but only briefly. Then a few seconds later, it'll connect again, but promptly disconnect. I tried connecting it to my friend's computer and it works fine. I also tried it in bootcamp (just recently re-partitioned as well), but it doesn't work there either. My wireless keyboard (also from apple) connects just fine, and works.

I'm going to restart my computer now after running software update, maybe that'll do the trick.

EDIT: Ugh FINALLY! After a good 3 - 5 hours of fuss with this thing, it finally works! I guess the trick is to run software update immediately after installing Snow Leopard.

Gawd I'm happy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.