Installed Windows on Mac

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to play some games, so I am installing Windows 7 on my Mac. The install was fine, but when the computer starts it goes right to Windows. I was able to restart and hold option to get Mac to start again.

Now the question - how do I start the computer permanently on Mac but still open Windows to download and play games? Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Boot into either Windows or OS X.

In OS X, open System Preferences => Startup Disk and choose your Mac OS X partition as the default startup disk.

In Windows, open Boot Camp and go to the Startup Disk tab. Choose "Macintosh HD" as the default startup disk.

All of this is covered in the documentation you were prompted to print out during Boot Camp setup.

OP
C
Reaction score
ok once I set that up, can I open with Mac and have Windows running in a "window" so that I can go back and forth between them?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Exactly. VMWare Fusion will let you do that. But not Boot camp. Definitely READ THE STICKIES at the top of the forum. All the questions you have asked are answered in there.

Cheers

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Could I use something like VMware or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Please click on the link I posted previously, it will give you a very clear understanding of your options and what works best for your needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.