iTunes Visualizer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I was just wondering... When I first got my Powerbook, it could run the iTunes visualizer at a steady 30fps or better at the "large" size. However, for some reason, now it seems to go between 5-15 fps, even if no other programs are running.

What FPS does everybody get on average? Currently I have openGL turned on, as well as "fast but rougher display." To see your fps, turn the visualizer on, then click on "options" in the top right, and click on "show fps."

Thanks!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
While the visualizer is on press "D" to reset some of the settings. Then press "T" to toggle through some of the fps settings. Other than that I don't know what else you can do. Try the "H" key for more help during the playing of the visualizer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I'm on an iMac G5 and it stays around 25, but sometimes it will suddenly drop to 15 for a second or so.

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
well, I reset my PRAM and it works fine now. Once again a steady 30fps (I keep it capped at that). Thanks to everybody for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.