I dont want MP3 CDs

Reaction score
I've been burning CDs for my friend who had a newer sound system in his truck, but for whatever reason he downgraded his radio which doesnt play mp3 cds. I dont know of any other format CDs that are made, or how to make any other format CDs. I have the 24" iMac. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If your ripping CD's from original's just copy them in iTunes or use a program like Burn.
Alternatively use MAX to make FLAC copies, but you will need Burn (or Toast) to make CD's.
All CD's are AIFF files as standard.
If you are burning CD's for him from MP3 files, then that's what your stuck with, you could convert the files to something else, but that's called transcoding and they sound dreadful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Instead of an MP3 CD, you could burn the songs as an Audio CD. Granted, you're severely limited in the number of songs you can put on a disc, but it will definitely work. Just create a new playlist, throw in less than 74 minutes worth of music, hit Burn Disc, choose Audio CD and then hit Burn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM
Yep. If you have toast, choose to "make an audio cd". Even if you are going from mp3, it will play in a "normal" cd player. In terms of sounding cr@ppy, I presume anyone happy to listen to mp3 quality is not going to notice a huge drop in quality, especially in a car with outside noise, engine etc..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.