XP installed on PM G5 dual core 2.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 32gb Ram
I installed XP pro using VP2007 and it runs ok, but so slow and then I noticed that it only allowed 512 megs of ram to be allocated, and something like 32 megs video...? I have 7 gig of ram and a 6600 video card, is there any other way to do it?

I just want to be able to play War in the pacific without having to turn on my quad core pc..I tried Q but had problems installing seemed to keep screwing up and neverf really finished. Anyone out there got xp installed on PPC with more than 512 megs of ram?

If not then I may have to sell the G5 and try for a imac..used of course ;-).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Trying to run any Windows program using VP2007 on a PPC is like watching paint dry on a barn. Attempting to run a graphics intensive game is even worse.

Either break out your quad core PC and play, or buy yourself a new iMac.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As chscag states is is so slow as to be not worthwhile. As a suggestion knock down the VM memory to 256MB, and games are out of the question period.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.