Mac can't find server, bluesocket

Reaction score
So, I'm new here and of course I've got a question.

My mac connects to our schools internet, through the airport. It connects normally,
But when I enter an URL, safari/firefox says "cannot find server: bluesocket.virum-gym.local " virum-gym (the network I am trying to connect to) any suggestions/solutions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Quill

OP
Q
Reaction score
I know some of you aren't that happy with newcomers, but I could really need your help.
And at some point I cannot believe that a board like this does not know how to fix this. If you need more information, just say so.

With a little faith: BUMP

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
like for instance... what url are you entering?

you can't enter any url? like mac-forums.com or apple.com? or only specific urls?

your school may well be blocking some sites - to verify that, you'll need to talk to your schools IT dept

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
A little more detail might be better. Can you access any sites at all? How about your school's intranet?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.