• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Advertising

R

ryu75

Hello:

I am doing an assignment for a marketing course and
looking for some information. I am doing some research on Apple company website.

I am having a hard time finding out what their advertising
methods are. During my search I came across your site.

Basically, I need to know whether Apple uses
Internet marketing, specifically banner ads and what type
of "off the Internet" advertising they do.

Thank you for your help.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Do some research on the Switcher ad campaign that they had a while back. ;)

EDIT: Use this for your research: http://news.com.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
You can see some of their ads if you go to the Apple Store online. I remember seeing a link to their iPod Shuffle ad there. Good luck with your research!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I don't remember ever seeing an internet banner from Apple, just from related stores in (only) Mac related sites. I do have seen little "Made by Mac" buttons in some pages (photoblogs) but i never tried them and they seem not to have any relation to Apple itself.
About their TV campaigns, i have to say they are very short and very few, at least on the channels i watch. In case of printed ads i think there are a lot more, but mostly for the iPod.
IMHO the main indirect marketing they do is via iPod/iTunes and Quicktime, i have seen several times something like "you got an iPod then got a Mac" in their page

iPod Shuffle ad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
also there is Different District , they have an archive of most of the commercials and special projects ,---> Click Me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
I have done a little bit of research for you and found a rather relevant article in MacWorld UK edition this month. It is titled 'Super marketing for Mac' and it shows Tesco's latest campaign that features the pic of an eMac with this slogan:

An apple.
For the teacher.
Can help you buy...
...an Apple.
For the whole class.

typed exactly like that. This is now a national advertising campaign for the 'computers-for-schools' drive. Tesco chose a Mac as opposed to a PC because it preferred its look and feel (why are we not surprised?!) but of course this means that the campaign will raise awareness of Apple as an option for educational establishments. A special needs head teacher, John D'Abbro, interviewed for the article said: 'Kids that may not have gone to school for two years can experience the joy of being successful in making videos or creating music'. The article also highlights the usual snags that Windows-only users (read: people totally, utterly ignorant of what a Mac is and does) invariably bring up, that is the 'how do we integrate Macs into a Windows LAN' drill (do as I do, just know how to!!!). This adverts are to be seen on billboards, magazines and on TV. I hope this helps you.

OP
R

ryu75

thank you

Thank you so much Stephanella.

I really appreciate it and you have been a tremendous help. :mac:

Stephanella said:
I have done a little bit of research for you and found a rather relevant article in MacWorld UK edition this month. It is titled 'Super marketing for Mac' and it shows Tesco's latest campaign that features the pic of an eMac with this slogan:

An apple.
For the teacher.
Can help you buy...
...an Apple.
For the whole class.

typed exactly like that. This is now a national advertising campaign for the 'computers-for-schools' drive. Tesco chose a Mac as opposed to a PC because it preferred its look and feel (why are we not surprised?!) but of course this means that the campaign will raise awareness of Apple as an option for educational establishments. A special needs head teacher, John D'Abbro, interviewed for the article said: 'Kids that may not have gone to school for two years can experience the joy of being successful in making videos or creating music'. The article also highlights the usual snags that Windows-only users (read: people totally, utterly ignorant of what a Mac is and does) invariably bring up, that is the 'how do we integrate Macs into a Windows LAN' drill (do as I do, just know how to!!!). This adverts are to be seen on billboards, magazines and on TV. I hope this helps you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.