Airport keeps connecting to different network

Reaction score
Sorry for the probably simple problem, but for some reason my MacBook keeps connecting to my neighbor's unsecure network instead of staying on my own.

How do I make sure it stays on my network and doesn't wander away?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
I have a solution that may work for you! Open System Prefs -> Network -> AirPort -> Advanced -> Preferred Networks. Once there, adjust the order in which your mac connects to networks. You can rearrange this list, or add/remove networks to it. This is the SysPref panel I am referring to. If you are having trouble finding it, let me know!

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank You!

The unsecured one was first on the list...no wonder it kept coimng up when I woke the Mac up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm glad that this solved your problem! :) And the fact that the unsecure one was first would be the cause of the problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm glad that this solved your problem! :) And the fact that the unsecure one was first would be the cause of the problem.

Yeah...it must have connected to that one right out of the box and made it the #1 network.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.