iPhone 2g cable vs iPhone 3g cable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
hey guys had a quick question...i found a really old iphone cable(the very thick one...one of the first iphones where its about 2.5 cm thick) and i heard some iphone 3g's are not able to use it...it will state on the phone that the hardware isnt suppose to on the phone or what not.. but i connected it to my macbook and synced it with my iphone...

My question is, will it mess up the battery of my phone..i hear some rumors they do mess it up (my friend said it happened to his phone but not a reliable source.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I don't think so. I have heard 3rd party cables causing problems, But nothing permanent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
I use an old cable all the time on my iPhone and have never had a problem. The old one that locks in are a lot nicer than the cheap ones that come with the phone now.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
yeah thats what i like but i only use it to sync but once in awhile when i connect it to my phone it says the accessory isnt compatible with iphone or something....but it still works fine...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.