airport problem

Reaction score
I am using a white macbook with 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB 667 Mhz DDR@ SDRAM, and I'm running Snow Leopard. My internet provider is comcast, I have an RCA modem, and a Netgear router.
For whatever reason, my computer is not connecting to the internet at my house. It will connect to the internet elsewhere, but not at home. I can connect on the Windows portion of my Mac (using Bootcamp), but not on the Mac portion. Other computers in my house are also connecting to the internet just fine, including another macbook. I have tried messing with the settings in my Networks tab and restarting my computer, modem and router. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Greg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Is Airport finding your WiFi network at home? I mean, does it show up in the list?

I helped a person with a similar sounding problem. In that case the Macbook only had "g" wireless, and the router was set to "n". Setting the router to "g" solved the problem.

OP
G
Reaction score
hmmm yeah that's the weird thing. It recognizes my wifi network. It shows up, and when I click to use it, it shows that I have a normal connection. But once I try to load a page, it says I am not connected. And then eventually the signal symbol becomes idle and "!" appears on top of it. Could you expand what you mean on the "g" vs "n" thing?
Thanks so much!

Reaction score
My macbook is doing the same thing, however I can pick up my router in the living room, but the room that it is in ( the bedroom ) I can not connect. I can pick up other networks, but mine just wont connect unless Im in another room....anyone have any answers?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.