How do I eliminate background noise?

Reaction score
Okay I switched over 3 months ago and one reason was i was told I could record streaming, the other was the hassle of viruses.

No matter what I do I have not been able to eliminate background noises when I record streaming. I have tried with Audacity, and Amadeus Pro to record using the line in streaming but I am always picking up noises in the room.

This surprises me because of Mac's rep for sound quality and I was able to use a setting on windows which would only record the streaming audio and nothing in the room. I am not interesting in recording radio streams though I have tried a couple of streaming radio recorders.

Additionally I pick up a faint room echo which distorts the audio quality. I am sad to say at this point my windows did a far better job and think I must be missing something. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks ~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Your Mac's internal microphone must be ON. Go to /System Preferences/Sound/Input, select the Internal Microphone, then move the volume slider all the way to the left.

OP
K
Reaction score
thank you for answering - yes my internal mic is on, but it picks up noise from the room;

If my chair squeaks or someone knocks, etc. it picks up all noise in the room. I was trying to find a setting that would only record from the feed not every sound in the room.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.