Airport and iTunes

M

meatychi

Scenario:

When I turn my airport on a playlist called Seb.Skinners Music appears and I can listen to the tracks but not do anything else with them.

Where is this list coming from? Is it Someone else with a MAC? If so how do you share out your music for other mac users?

or is it the wireless network that is publishing the playlist to wireless connectors? ( i dont htink it is this one as I havent signed onto the available network ).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Somebody is on the same network as you with their iTunes sharing turned on. If you go to iTunes -> Preferences -> Sharing...You can set whether or not people see your music

OP
M

meatychi

Thanks!

I tried doing a search in itunes help but didnt come up with any appropriate answers.

So if I can see and play his playlist without being authenticated.

Can open a chat session or anything like that with him?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope just listen to the music. He just has it set so that he is sharing the music and he doesn't have it password protected

OP
M

meatychi

Wheres the best place i can find some info out about airport networking?

Except for yourself that is!

OP
J

JSchultz

That is so cool!

I didnt know that existed. Now I just wish there were other people around me using wireless and iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is really great in college dorms where I can listen to anybodies music who is connected in the dorm network with iTunes sharing on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
trpnmonkey41 said:
It is really great in college dorms where I can listen to anybodies music who is connected in the dorm network with iTunes sharing on

oh for sure, there are so many people sharing i dont think that it shows them all... when it first came out, i was the only one on, a semester later we had all the macs, when the pcs released it it doubled.. last semester it was nearing about 20 at any particular time.. now.. its alot more.

OP
M

meatychi

Its a right shame you cant graba copy though! The person who was sharing his playlist had some right tunes!

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

meatychi said:
Its a right shame you cant graba copy though! The person who was sharing his playlist had some right tunes!
.....lol that is llegal and you can go to jail for that.... :eek:neye:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.