• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

'Lord of the Rings: Return of the King' in QuickTime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

'Lord of the Rings: Return of the King' in QuickTime
September 30, 2003 - 15:55 EDT Apple's Movie Trailers page features a teaser for "The Return of the King," the next installment in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, exclusively in QuickTime format. The film will hit theaters on December 17. Other recent trailer additions include "Kill Bill," "The Alamo," "Stoked" and "Lost In Translation."

My Comments: I downloaded the Return of the King trailer and it's pretty kick butt.. I can't wait to see it! Although Im looking forward to the next Matrix much more :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am you ready :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i love the lord of the rings. i read the whole series when i was in 8th grade (im in 12th now) and was so psyched when i saw that they were doing the movies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Wonder how many Macs where involved in this movie. Either for production or personal use. For some reason, I would think there would be a lot, for some reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I dunno the 2nd one with rendering of the trees It didn't look pretty.. either way, Im sure they used Lightwave or Maya (probly lightwave) and there arn't many differences in the Mac and PC versions...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Why download the trailer? I got the full thing off of KaZaA @ my cousin's house, it's a **** cool movie, wait until you see Sauron!!!

J/k :p shoot I wish I had it :p

I think the LOTR is a great series, i read the books also and the movies don't do them justice, but that would almost be imposible! The movies did come out great anyways :D

sKaD

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Graphite said:
I dunno the 2nd one with rendering of the trees It didn't look pretty.. either way, Im sure they used Lightwave or Maya (probly lightwave) and there arn't many differences in the Mac and PC versions...

I believe that happens when you farm things out to different venodrs to do the job.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sKaD said:
Why download the trailer? I got the full thing off of KaZaA @ my cousin's house, it's a **** cool movie, wait until you see Sauron!!!

J/k :p shoot I wish I had it :p

I think the LOTR is a great series, i read the books also and the movies don't do them justice, but that would almost be imposible! The movies did come out great anyways :D

sKaD

I read the books at least three times over the years. It was very difficult to make the movies, because of the details, and large amount of information in the novels. Jackson mostly had a hard time of what to put in and what to leave out. I like the first movie, I need to see the second (curently waiting on the second extended DVD set). Then I will most likely see the final movie. I am really looking forward to seeing final movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Yes, the third one is "supposed" to be the best. That's what all the cast members and director said.

sKaD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.