Help from the pros

Reaction score
I have an old stationary PC with Windows XP OS that I don´t use, and a MacBook Pro that I occupy most of my day, and life, with. I recently got the old PC out of the attic, and I want to get to some files on that beast. However, the only monitor I have requires the same power cord the PC needs, and I only have one. Is there any way to use the monitor on my MacBook to display the Windows-PC?

And I realize the easiest solution is just getting another cord for less than a buck, but hey; where´s the fun in that? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 09 version
There is no way to do that ...

You could remove the hdd and put it into an inclosure or buy or borrow a power cord ...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
And I realize the easiest solution is just getting another cord for less than a buck, but hey; where´s the fun in that? :)

Like you said...this is really the solution! And for a buck...come on...what can you get for a buck these days!

Actually (believe it or not)...I have seen these power cords selling new for around $15 bucks at some stores...crazy!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.